Composed while packing for the Pennsic War...
Iago (The Fish Slayer) was a friend I met at one of my outings to Pennsic. The description doesn’t do him justice..he was quite the comical character. Wering late period and being of a smaller stature…the larger clothes on him looked a bit exaggerated. He was a fun guy, though..so Yago….wherever you are..thanks for the inspiration.
- ’Twas the night before Pensic, tons of crap still to do,
my garb tote had burst, my armor box too..
- My tunics were set in the living room chair,
while sparkles from sequins danced in the air.
- Now, I, in my boxers wondered in despair,
how all of this stuff would make it up there.
- When suddenly, in the house, there arose such a sound
I had to cover my garb to see what was around.
- And Lo, who in front of my eyes could be seen?
.. A short skinny white dude, and OH, what a Queen!
- He wore Italian Ren, all trimmed all up in fur,
And his hat and gloves were Corinthian Leather, for sure.
- He stood there, leg out, with his hands on his hips,
his face was all pouty and he pouched out his lips.
- He went straight to work with nary a word,
But the sight of this guy was, quite frankly, absurd.
- He wore a great hat, big blue feather and all.
So big, in fact, I thought off his body they’d fall.
- With a twinkle in his eye and a wiggle of his nose,
All the tote pieces shivered, shimmied, then rose.
- All the pieces hovered, twitched, and began to spin,
And I could see that my totes would assemble again.
- And with a clasp of his hand and a thunderous roar,
My beloved totes, whole, fell to the floor.
- I stood there in silence, what could I say..
The Foppish Bitch had saved my day.
- I started to thank him.. he said “don’t make a fuss”,
“besides, that sequin coat... *gasp* Fabulous.”
- With a turn of his head, he then struck a pose,
and out of my house his body arose.
- But before he passed on and out through the roof,
he said, “Don’t put so much stuff in your totes, you bald goof.”
- And with these parting words, he rose with a quip,
“Iago the Fish Slayer says have a great trip.”